Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring -umm, Love, really- is in the Air

One of my local friends pointed out an observation several years ago that people on the island get “spring fever” much like “island fever”. This spring fever is very much a real event and can be described as a phenomenon that occurs during the spring months, typically March. It is as though island residents drank a love potion mix and are walking around with glazed over eyes that sort of reminds me of the scene in a Indiana Jones movie where a female student wrote “I Love You” on her eye lashes. This is the look that I am referring to, frequently referred to as bedroom eyes! When out and about, if you look closely, you will see many couples that appear to be on their first dates…whether at the movies, dinner, or hiking. I am not sure why this time of year brings an extra desire to become one half of a couple, but it is there nonetheless, in full bloom! For better or worse, my house and my friends’ lives are currently caught up in this year’s spring fever. We have flowers, plants, and a mess of emotions as result. I usually am excited about these romantic adventures and the prospect of having found someone I like to spend time with; however, this year, its seems much more tiring than last and an unwelcomed layer to an already complicated situation. For now, I am content in watching my friends participate in the festivities as I think I will sit this round out. I hope the spring fever is just a prelude for me and that the next season will bring me some summer loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment